Making sure it’s not just a good deal, but the right deal
All businesses involved in an acquisition, either as buyers or sellers, need to ensure that the financial information they hold is as accurate as possible, not only to prevent paying too much (or in a seller’s case receiving too little) but also to ensure that business objectives are being met.
Any organization considering a deal needs to verify all assumptions. Financial due diligence provides peace of mind to both corporate acquirers and financial sponsors, by analyzing and validating all the financial, commercial, operational and strategic assumptions.
We work with corporate and financial buyers, helping them critically analyze key opportunities, confirm deal assumptions, analyze and validate all the financial, commercial, operational and strategic assumptions being made – ultimately ensuring there are no process pitfalls.
Pine Hill helps drive stakeholder value in a transaction by providing the following:
Financial & Accounting
- Pro forma EBITDA
- P&L trend analyses and operational reviews
- Balance sheet and working capital trend analyses
- Purchase accounting considerations
- Off-balance sheet and contingent obligation identification
- Purchase contact reps, warranties and indemnifications considerations
- Identifying tax exposures
- Advising on tax efficient transactional structures
- Providing SPA/APA advice
Operations & Technology (IT)
- Assessing IT infrastructure and capabilities
- Identifying and assessing IT improvement projects
- Identifying and quantifying potential one-time costs
- Assessing planned levels of IT capital expense (CAPEX) and operating expense (OPEX) to support growth